Veterinary Molecular Diagnostics, Inc.Properly designed assays, appropriate controls, and experienced test interpretation, are essential for accuracy in all DNA based testing. With over 17 years experience in the field, you can be assured of the accuracy of our validated test results.
Experienced Extremely Sensitive, Specific & Validated Molecular-based Diagnostics for Veterinary Medicine
Our contributions to avian medicine:
- The first commercial DNA-based testing for Psittacine Beak & Feather Disease.
- The first commercial DNA-based testing for Avian Polyomavirus.
- One of the original laboratories to offer avian gender DNA analysis.
- Developed the blood polyomavirus assay to detect infected, non-viral shedding, carrier birds.
- Developed & offered the first commercial DNA-based test for Chlamydophila psittaci (AAV proceeding 1998).
- Developed & offered the first commercial molecular test for Psittacid Herpes Virus.
- The first laboratory to accurately identify the lory and lorikeet Circovirus in the 1999 West Coast epornitic.
- Developed the use of Terbinafine HC1 as fungicidal therapy in avian mycosis.
- Developed the use of Cox-II inhibitors for treating birds affected with "wasting" disease.
- Characterization of the epidemiology of Proventricular Dilation Disease (PDD) and development of a molecular assay to identify infected birds.